Has anybody heard of Friday special???
My husband needs something special on Fridays..he says that’s the way Fridays was when he was a bachelor.:)
So, of course i have to make something ..just something different from the usual.
Last Friday i made this Prawn Pulav and i saw him asking for more.:)
So here goes the recipe for Prawn Pulav.
1. prawns(deshelled, devined, washed) – 1/4 kg
2. ginger,chopped- 2 tbsp
garlic,chopped -12 cloves
green chilly – 10
coriander powder – 1 tbsp
fennel seeds/perumjeerakam – 2 tsp
turmeric powder – 1 tsp
3. oil – 2 tbsp
4. shallots,finely chopped – 1/2 cup
5. curd/yogurt – 1 cup
salt – as required
cilantro leaves – 1/2 cup
6. coconut,scrapped – 3 tbsp
cashew nut -2 tbsp
7. lemon juice – 1 small
8. biriyani rice- 2 cups
9. cloves – 6
cardamom – 6
10.jalebi color- a pinch
milk – 3 big tsp
onion,sliced finely – 2 cups
- Grind all the ingredients mentioned under no.2.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute the ground mixture.
- Add in the sliced shallots and cleaned prawns together with curd,salt and coriander leaves and allow the prawns to cook by covering it with a lid, sauteing it occasionally.Remove it from the stove once the gravy has become little dry.
- To this, add ground cashew nut, ground coconut along with lemon juice.
- Cook rice with little salt and ghee with cardamom, cloves and cinnamon stick in 3 cups water.
- Spread this rice over the gravy prepared.
- Put a pinch of jalebi color in milk and sprinkle it over the rice.
- Heat ghee in a pan and saute the onions till golden brown in color and spread it over the rice .
- Let it stand for 4-5 minutes. Serve hot.